If you are zoned for PS 230
If your home address is zoned for PS 230, you may register your child in Kindergarten - 5th grade by making an appointment with
Maryann Hegarty, PS 230 Pupil Accounting Secretary
To find out if your home address is zoned for PS 230, please click on school search, and enter your address in the line provided at the top of the page.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment to register your child, please call
(718) 437-6135 x 2570.
Registration appointments are offered from 9:00 am - 11:00 am Monday - Friday in our upper school building.
- Please do not be late for your appointment.
- Make sure you bring your child and all necessary documents.
- Allow enough time to complete the registration process which may include a Home Language Survey or other screening evaluation.
If you are not zoned for PS 230
Contact your zoned school to register your children.
If you do not want to send your child to your zoned school, you must visit a Family Welcome Center to arrange for alternative enrollment.
Family Welcome Centers are open from 8:00 am –5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am - 3:00 pm on Friday.
In Brooklyn, you can visit a Family Welcome Center at the following locations:
- 1780 Ocean Avenue, on the corner of Avenue
- 415 89th Street, between 4th and 5th Avenues 29
- Fort Greene Place, between DeKalb and Fulton Avenues
- 1665 St. Mark’s Avenue, near Eastern Parkway
For a full list of Family Welcome Centers, click here.